Nationwide ‘one stop shop’ metal road plates for sale and hire.
Maltaward are specialists in the supply and hire of heavy duty steel road plate solutions, including airside approved BAA specifications.
Steel road plates represent the strongest method of bridging open excavations and trenches – dug for cables, gas mains, water mains, drainage etc. These are highly versatile safety covers that have been manufactured to be rigid, heavy duty and durable. Road plates are suitable for a multitude of civil engineering uses such as road maintenance and repairs and can serve as temporary covers for pot holes and pavement defects.
Providing robust and safe temporary excavation protection, driveway access or simply to protect the ground from the effects of heavy traffic, Maltaward offers a range of road plate rental solutions to suit clients requirements. These steel road plates are manufactured to withstand extreme loads, as detailed below.
Maltaward stocks Airside Approved steel road plates; approved for airside use at London Gatwick and London Heathrow airports. As airport passed and approved contractors Maltaward offer a delivery and collection service to both airside and landside areas at airports.
Standard Steel Road Plate
- Steel road plate dimensions: 2500mm x 1250mm
- Choice of depths: 12mm, 20mm, 25mmm, with other bespoke depths available on request
- Profiled holes in each corner for chain lifting
- Nominally bored 12mm diameter holes to secure to road deck
- Coated with two-pack resin encapsulated grit
BAA Specification Road Plate
- Steel road plate dimensions: 3000mm x 1500mm x 25mm
- Bevel edged to 45 degrees
- Precision drilled with counter-bored holes to secure to road deck
- Mass: 883kg
- Locking lift system for optimum speed and safety of handling and positioning of plates
- Coated with ultra tough 5% titanium carbide anti-slip surfaced OR blackened and sealed with two-pack system
- Coated performance: scrim ratio 70; 68 after 1 million foot falls (50 being the recommended figure for highway use)
- Steel road plate dimensions: 1250mm x 1250mm x 6mm
Contact Maltaward today to find out about our nationwide road plate hire services. We operate from our headquarters in Crawley, West Sussex, as well as from regional centres in Birmingham, Leeds and Nottingham, enabling us to offer cost-efficient delivery to all our clients.