At Maltaward, we understand the nuisance that abandoned vehicles can cause. They are often dangerous, unsightly, cause obstruction and can even be a health and safety risk, with smashed glass, petrol leaks and missing wheels. Our team of professionals can quickly and efficiently remove abandoned vehicles.
Our team operates nationwide and we can handle everything from vehicle searches and service notices to the complete removal of the vehicle from your premises.
Contact us today and we can get to work for you as soon as possible.
Can a residents management company, freeholder or managing agent remove an abandoned vehicle?
No, under the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 only Authorised Bodies can move a motor vehicle on Private Land. In the period before 2012, abandoned vehicles could be moved by the Landowner providing certain conditions were met.
Who has the authority to remove vehicles?
Only the Police or a Local Authority. A vehicle is classed as abandoned if at least one of the following applies:
- It has no keeper on the DVLA’s database and is untaxed. We can check vehicle tax online
- It has been stationary for a significant amount of time
- It is significantly damaged, run down or unroadworthy, for example it has flat tyres, missing wheels or broken windows
- It’s burned out
- The number plate is missing
The following process should be taken for removing an abandoned vehicle:
- Place an Abandoned Vehicle Notice on all 4 sides of the vehicle
- Photograph the vehicle with notices and items in the checklist
- Obtain a DVLA Search of the Registered Keeper
- Write to the legal Registered Keeper giving 21 days’ notice to remove the vehicle.
- The owner must be given the 7 days’ written notice to collect the vehicle before disposing of it
- Contact the Local Authority or Police to remove the vehicle
- If the Local Authority or Police will not remove the vehicle then ask the affected leaseholder/resident to complain to their Local Member of Parliament and Local Authority
- If the owner cannot be found or fails to comply with a notice to collect the vehicle, it may be disposed of BUT at your own risk
- Removed vehicles should be stored for a minimum of 28 days
- Any monetary value of the vehicle if sold or scrapped after the expired storage time should be returned to the Registered Keeper
As one of the UK’s leading abandoned vehicle removal service providers, we have a large fleet and all the necessary mechanical handling equipment to deal with removals of vehicles of all sizes. Our experienced team can help you with any kind of abandoned or unauthorised vehicle currently on your property.
We can additionally utilise drone equipment and a range of other security technologies, both to find abandoned vehicles on your property, and to act as a deterrent.
Why choose us?
At Maltaward, we have years of experience helping businesses owners and landlords deal with all aspects of security, protection and safety. We have developed a reputation for our commitment to excellent standard of work and customer service, as well as our very competitive prices.
We operate out of three depots – one in South London, one in West Yorkshire, and one in Nottinghamshire. This means we are well placed to offer abandoned vehicle removal across the whole of England.
If you need to have an abandoned or unauthorised vehicle removed, the team at Maltaward would be happy to help. Call us today on 0800 043 2742 to speak to a member of staff – alternatively, you can email us at email@example.com and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Request a Free Quote
Fill out the form below and we will get back to you ASAP.
Why Choose Maltaward Barriers?
- Fast and Friendly Service
- 30 Years Experience with Proven Track Record
- FORS Gold Certified
- ISO 9001 Certified
- Local Authority and Major Property Managers Approved
- Heathrow & Gatwick Airport Approved
- Range of Solutions to Suit Your Budget
Multiple compliments from staff and patients – I have been taking full credit.
Chaps did an excellent job – quick and efficient and spelling perfect!
We are really greatful for you guys organising these barriers, the driver was early, took no time at all and we are now properly secure. We will only use you for this sort of stuff in future, 10/10 service.